Consuming vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients orally can result in inefficient absorption in your body. LiquiVida™ IV Infusion is a safe and effective method of supplying the body with natural vitamins, minerals, and amino acids directly into the bloodstream.
Intravenous (IV) infusion of fluids is done through a needle or catheter. The LiquiVida™ IV Drips used are exactly the same medical grade equipment that you’d find in a hospital, but at The Natural Place, we offer a calming and quiet setting for your infusion. Most infusions take approximately 30-45 minutes. There are many uses for LiquiVida™ IV Therapy and different ways it can benefit you.
Intravenous (IV) Infusion Therapy Consent Form This document is intended to serve as informed consent for your Intravenous (IV) Infusion Therapy as ordered by The Natural Place Med spa. I have informed the nurse and / or physician of any known allergies to medications or other substances. I have informed the nurse and / or physician of all current medications and supplements.
I have fully informed the nurse and /or physician of my medical/ surgical history. IV infusions therapy and any claims made about these infusions have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical disease.
These IV infusions are not a substitute for your physician’s medical care. _
I understand that I have the right to be informed of the procedure, any feasible alternative options, and the risks and benefits. Except in emergencies, procedures are not performed until I have an opportunity to receive such information and to give my informed consent. _
I understand that: 1. The procedure involves inserting a needle into the vein and injecting the solution. 2. Alternatives to IV therapy are oral supplements, intramuscular supplements or dietary and lifestyle changes 3. Risks of IV therapy include but not limited to: a) Occasionally: discomfort, bruising and pain at the site of injection. b) Rarely: inflammation of the vein used for injection, phlebitis, metabolic disturbances, and injury. c) Extremely Rare: Severe allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, infection, cardiac arrest and death. 4. Benefits if IV therapy include: a) Injectables are not affected by stomach, or intestinal absorption problems b) Total amount of infusion is available to the tissue. c) Nutrients are forced into cells by means of high concentration gradient. d) Higher doses of nutrients can be given than possible by mouth without intestinal irritation.
I am aware that other unforeseen complications could occur. I do not expect the nurse(s) and / or physician(s) to anticipate and or explain all risk and possible complications. I rely on the nurse(s) and / or physician(s) to exercise judgement during the course of treatment to regards to my procedure. I understand the risks and benefits of the procedure and have the opportunity to have all of my questions answered.
I understand that I have the right to consent to or refuse any proposed treatment at any time prior to its performance. My signature on this form affirms that I have given my consent to IV infusion therapy, including any other procedure which, in the opinion of my physician(s) or other associated with this practice, may be indicated.
My signature below confirms that: 1. I understand the information provided on this form and agree to all statements made above. 2. Intravenous Infusion Therapy has been adequately explained to me by my nurse and / or physician. 3. I have received all the information and explanation I desire concerning the procedure. 4. I authorize and consent to the performance of Intravenous (IV) Infusion Therapy. 5. I release The Natural Place Med spa & Dr Copeland and all the medical staff from all liabilities for any complications or damages associated with my Intravenous (IV) Infusion Therapy.
IV therapy Consent Form 1) You have the right to be informed of the procedure, feasible alternatives, and the risks and benefits. Except in emergencies, procedures are not performed until you have had an opportunity to receive such information and to give your informed consent. a. The procedure involves inserting a needle into your vein or muscle to inject the formula described by the doctor. b. Alternatives to intravenous therapy are oral supplementation and dietary and lifestyle changes. c. Risks of intravenous therapy include:
1. Discomfort, bruising and pain at the site of the injection.
2. Inflammation of the vein used for injection (phlebitis).
3. Severe allergic reaction; anaphylaxis, cardiac arrest, death. d. Benefits of injection therapy include:
4. Injectables are not affected by stomach or intestinal disease.
5. Total amount of infusion is available to the tissues.
6. Nutrients are forced into cells by means of a high concentration gradient.
7. Higher doses of nutrients can be given than is possible by oral administration, without intestinal irritation. e. Contraindications to intravenous therapy include:
8. Absolute contraindications: liver failure, renal failure, Addison’s disease, CHF
9. Relative contraindications: Thalassemia, G6PD deficiency, decreased renal function, drug-nutrient interactions, allergy and/or sensitivity to substances intended for IV administration.
10. Caution: HIV/AIDS, immune-suppression, post splenectomy, recent burns, malnourishment, chemotherapy.
2) You have the right to consent to or refuse the proposed treatment at any time prior to its performance. Your signature on this form affirms that you have given your consent to the procedure described above along with any different or further procedures which, in the opinion of your doctor, may be indicated.
3) The procedure will be performed by or under the direction of the Naturopathic doctor named below. Your signature below indicates that:
1. You understand the information provided on this form and agree to the foregoing.
2. The procedure(s) set forth above has been adequately explained to you by the doctor.
3. You have received all the information and explanation you desire concerning the procedure.
4. You authorize and consent to the performance of the procedure(s).
5. Following conditions do not exist in your current state of health and that you will immediately notify your practitioner of any changes regarding the following: liver failure, kidney failure, Addison’s disease and congestive heart failure.
6. You have notified the doctor about your current status of relative and cautionary contraindications mentioned above and you will notify the practitioner immediately about any changes regarding the status of contraindications in future.