Pre/ Post Care: Any active infections and or Antibiotics] reschedule apt 3 days after last dosage or provide in. Note. Avoid alcoholic drinks at least 24 hours prior to treatment (to help prevent bruising due to the blood thinning effects of alcohol) On the day of treatment avoid vigorous exercise prior to treatment Avoid anti-inflammatory and blood thinning medications for 2 weeks prior to treatment. Such medications include aspirin. NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, Aleve), Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, St. John's Wort, Coumadin/Warfarin, Pletal, Aggrenox. It is recommended that you speak to your physician before discontinuing these medications prior to doing so however. Schedule your injection at least 2 weeks prior to any special occasion/event in case you bruise. I understand that I will be injected with Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin in the area of the glabella muscles to paralyze these muscles temporarily or in the forehead or crows feet around the lateral area of the eyes.
Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin injection has been FDA approved for use in the cosmetic treatment for glabellar frown lines only - the wrinkles between the eyebrows.
Injection of Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin into the small muscles between the brows causes those specific muscles to hall their function (be paralyzed), thereby improving the appearance of the wrinkles.
I understand the goal is to decrease the wrinkles in the treated area. This paralysis is temporary, and re-injection is necessary within three to four months. It has been explained to me that other temporary and more permanent treatments are available.
The possible side effects of Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin include but are not limited to:
1. Risks: I understand there is a risk of swelling, rash, headache, local numbness, palm at the injection site, bruising, respiratory problems, and allergic reaction.
2. Infection: Infections can occur which in most cases are easily treatable but in rare cases a permanent scarring in the area can occur.
3. Most people have lightly swollen pinkish bumps where the injections went in, for a couple of hours or even several days.
4. Although many people with chronic headaches or migraines often get relief from Botulinun A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin, a small percent of patients get headaches following treatment with Botox, for the first day. In a very small percentage of patients these headaches cam persist for several days or weeks.
5. Local numbness, rash, pain at the injection site, flu like symptoms with mild fever, back palm.
6. Respiratory problems such as bronchitis or sinusitis, nausea. dizziness, and tightness or irritation of the skin.
7. Bruising is possible anytime you inject a needle into the skin. This bruising can last for several hours, days, weeks, months and in rare cases the effect of bruising could be permanent.
8. While local weahaess of the injected muscles is representative of the expected pharmacological action of Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau and/or Xeomin, weakness of adjacent muscles may occur as a result of the spread of the toxin.
9. Treatments: I understand more than one injection my be needed to achieve a satisfactory result.
10. Another risk when injecting Botulinum, A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin around the eves included corneal exposure because people may not be able to blink the eyelids as often as they should to protect the eye. This inability to protect the eye has been associated with damage to the eye as impaired vision, or double vision. Which is usually temporary. This reduced blinking has been associated with corneal ulcerations. There are medications that can help lift the eyelid, however, if the drooping is too great the eye drops are not that effective. These side effects can last for several weds or longer. Tins occurs in 2-5 percent of patients.
11. I will follow all aftercare instructions as it is crucial I do so for healing.
BOTOX, JEUVEAU OR XEOMIN NEUROTOXIN
12. Do not lie down for 3 hour following your treatment.
13. Avoid any massage or pressure to treatment area/s, as this may alter the placement of the drug.
14. If you would like to reapply makeup, do so gently over the treatment area/s.
15. Do not near a hat or visor for 3 hours post treatment, if forehead was treated.
16. Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours.
17. Contract and release the treated muscles every few minutes over the next hour.
As Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin is not an exact science, there might be an uneven appearance of the face with some muscles more affected by the Botox than others In most cases this uneven appearance can be corrected by injecting Botox in the same or nearby muscles. However, in some cases this uneven appearance can persist for several weeks or months.
This list is not meant to be inclusive of all possible risks associated with Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin as there are both known and unknown side effects associated with any medication or procedure.
Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin should not be administered to a pregnant or nursing woman.
The number of units injected is an estimate of the amount of Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin required to paralyze the muscles. I understand there is no guarantee of results of any treatment. I understand the regular charge applies to all subsequent treatments.
I understand and agree that all services rendered to me are charged directly to me and that I am personally responsible for payment. I further agree in the event of non-payment, to hear the cost of collection and/or Court cost and reasonable legal fees, should this be required.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing informed consent and agree to the treatment with its associated risks. I hereby give consent to perform this and all subsequent Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin treatments with the above understood I hereby release the doctor, the person injecting the Botulinum A Toxin (Botox), Jeuveau, and/or Xeomin and the facility from liability associated with this procedure.
I have read, initialed, and acknowledge these requirements, of my procedure to better assist with treatment adversities that can occur if protocol is not taken seriously. I know that this is an elective service and my questions regarding services have been answered satisfactorily I understand this procedure and accept all risks and will notify TNP of any changes that could put my treatment at risk. I hereby release The Natural Place, Dr. Copeland, Dr. Buford & Bridget Hahn and staff from all liabilities associated with the indicated procedure.