A two-step treatment where the peel is applied to the skin by a certified skin care professional and is then washed off at home after the mask is worn for several hours.
Cosmelan MD is a chemical peel system that treats hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration issues, such as irregular skin tone, sun spots, acne scars (aka post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), and melasma. It also improves the overall texture of your skin.
It’s a two-step depigmentation treatment involving application of the Cosmelan 1 peel at your doctor’s office and regular use of the Cosmelan 2 at-home maintenance cream.
- Cosmelan is one of few treatments found to be effective for stubborn melasma.
- The active ingredients in the peel and cream together act on all stages of the melanin production process, to both eliminate existing marks of hyperpigmentation and prevent the appearance of new dark spots.
- Its formula is suitable for all skin types and tones.
The Cosmelan Peel works by targeting all stages of the melanin production process. This helps to eliminate existing marks of hyperpigmentation and prevent the appearance of new dark spots.
The Cosmelan Peel is suitable for all skin types and tones. However, it is important to talk to a doctor or qualified aesthetician before undergoing the treatment to make sure that it is right for you.
Here are some of the benefits of Cosmelan Peel:
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Improves skin texture
- Suitable for all skin types and tones
- Effective for a variety of skin concerns
Here are some of the risks of Cosmelan Peel:
- Temporary redness and flaking
- Sensitivity to sunlight