The most common steroid used for acne injections is triamcinolone acetonide. Triamcinolone is a powerful anti-inflammatory medication that can help to reduce swelling, redness, and pain. It can also help to shrink large cysts and nodules.
The injection is usually painless and takes only a few minutes. The steroid medication will start to work within a few days, and most people see results within a week or two.
The benefits of acne injections include:
- They can help to clear up large, inflamed acne lesions more quickly.
- They can provide temporary relief from pain and discomfort.
- They are relatively easy to administer.
Acne injections are not a permanent solution for acne. They can help to clear up individual lesions, but they will not prevent new acne from forming. If you are considering acne injections, it is important to talk to your dermatologist about the risks and benefits.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about acne injections:
- They are not suitable for everyone. If you have a history of skin infections, you may not be a good candidate for acne injections.
- They should not be used to treat all types of acne. They are most effective for large, inflamed lesions.