Microdermabrasion Training Course for Nurses & Estheticians. Learn advanced esthetics.
Learn how to use a microdermabrasion machine in this continuing education course online. Take the course and get your certificate today.
This course is approved for continuing education by the NCEA Commission on Accreditation (COA) and by state licensing boards in D.C., Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Oregon. (Florida estheticians please choose Microdermabrasion: Crystal-Free Techniques for Florida Estheticians for the Florida DBPR Board of Cosmetology approved version)
This course is worth 5 CE hours.
In this CE course on crystal-free microdermabrasion, Tina Marie Zillmann, demonstrates complete protocols from client consultation to the step-by-step instructions, with both types of microdermabrasion machines, for treatments on the face, ears, décolleté, and shoulders. She demonstrates a skin analysis with a scope, cleansing with salicylic and melanin-suppressant cleansers, toning with salicylic toner, salicylic peel, post- peel balm, glycolic peel, retinol peel, extractions with cotton and needle, scalp and décolleté massage, eyebrow wax with hard wax, soothing clay mask, and sun block with zinc and titanium oxide. Throughout, she provides cautionary tips and hints for these exfoliating treatments, sun-damage treatments, as well as benefits and contraindications. She also discusses the features, settings, types and sizes of tips, filters, and how to operate and sanitize the crystal-free microdermabrasion units. She also demonstrates how to use an ozone facial tool to disinfect skin, an ultrasonic cold hammer to reduce inflammation, and a steam autoclave for disinfecting and sanitizing your equipment. She finishes with a post-treatment client consultation discussing a home care regimen. Sample client consultation forms are included.
After completion of this continuing education course, you will be able to:
- Describe the difference between crystal and crystal-free
- Describe the difference between stainless steel tips and diamond
- Choose between crystal or crystal-free treatments
- Complete effective procedures on the face, neck, and décolleté
- Demonstrate a thorough client consultation
- Restate the benefits and contraindications of crystal-free
- Create successful results
- Practice proper sanitation (includes use of an autoclave)
- Employ adjunct procedures
- Identify six things the microdermabrasion process helps to do
- Identify twelve benefits of crystal-free microdermabrasion
- Identify fourteen contraindications of crystal-free microdermabrasion
- Identify four microdermabrasion side effects
- Define microdermabrasion
- Complete a skin analysis
- Apply different products (cleanser, toner, peels, mask, and sun
- Complete extractions and an ozone treatment
- Define 25 terms relevant to crystal-free microdermabrasion
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 75% or higher
Tina Marie Zillmann is a practicing aesthetician with expertise on innovative aesthetic treatments and post-surgical care. As Vice President and Director of Skin Rejuvenation Clinique, Inc. and Advanced Rejuvenating Concepts, she is fluent on all aspects of business ownership, product formulations, employee relations, and retailing. She has received awards on television and in print as a local skin care expert in San Antonio, Texas and nationally as a public speaker and published writer in the skin care industry. Her endeavors have awarded her with the Female Entrepreneur of the Year award through the National Association of Women Business Owners and was the President of Aesthetic International Association from 2009-2010.